Thursday, June 3, 2021

Cheers to two years!

This blog is two years old! I'm glad to have been writing on and off all this while. It's a good way to have some chronicles of what we've been up to, even if some of them may be ramblings. It's also helped me do work and family blogs and communicate better in writing, as well as participate in online forums - all part of my self expression goals!

My second post (or first real post) was this one:

https://shoegazingdays.blogspot.com/2019/06/the-fear-of-mediocrity.html

The fear of mediocrity - it's funny how some things stay the same. I'm still observing this phenomenon and pondering about it. I'd like to think that I'm not mediocre, but who knows, maybe I am to some. The quotes from Good Omens still crack me up, and to mark the occasion of my two year blogiversary, I got myself my very own copy of the book!

My goal for the summer is just to read this one book! Oh I have plenty of other goals that are more lofty I suppose, but this one is so important to me.

Some of the others that I am doing with ease so far - swimming. Been going for almost a week. Clean eating - going strong for the past year. Dairy free - going well. Working my way forward in my career - work in progress, easier said than done (and quite demotivating at times). Trying to find joy in things - also a work in progress - but I am getting better at enjoying things in the moment and saving the worries for another time.

We're also excited today because we took the first step towards (hopefully) having many camper adventures. Oof I drove like 130 miles today on my own one way, and rode another 130 on the way up. But it was good to get out and embark on one of our crazy adventures again.

Other things I am excited about - I ordered a new pair of swimming goggles. For someone who loves swimming so much, it's surprising that this is my very first pair. My daughter's swim coach  two years back recommended to me that I swim with goggles on to protect my eyes. Last year, I borrowed my husband's old (ancient) pair and this year after going everyday for a week and swimming about 100 laps in total, I rewarded myself with a book (Good Omens), a swim shirt and a pair of goggles.

This is the one I got. So excited. https://tinyurl.com/wwubsjyt

Lots of events in the recent past - husband's birthday was quite a success (the cake I baked came out delicious and the gifts were on point), we had a great long weekend by going to the pool everyday, and kids started playing with each other (touch wood, fingers crossed). I am now fully vaccinated and starting swimming the very next day after the two weeks were up post second shot. We're also being given a choice to wfh or go in, and for now I'm hoping to stay remote. Some setbacks on the work front and childcare front but I don't want to color this post with that, I hope we can cross those bridges when we get to them. Anxiety says hello anyway.

Oh - I'm also a bit further along in my natural skin care journey. Skin care routine consists of washing with soap and water and using jojoba oil to moisturize. Hair care consists of Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo and As I Am Coconut Cowash. I also went zero waste on another product so that helps. Neither my hair or skin are in great shape but I don't want to keep thinking of myself as missing the boat on all these wonderful makeup and skin care routines (that I don't even know how to do), and want to be content in keeping it simple. A vaccination celebration was a trip that we made to Trader Joes. We bought all the things! And are now back to hermititude.

So cheers to two years! 



No comments:

Pinnacles National Park

 After living in California for over a decade, I recently went to Pinnacles National Park for the first time. Without knowing what to expect...